Code of Conduct for HST Swimmers
The Highland Swim Team requires the following commitment from swimmers on acceptance of selection to the National Squad:
- To accept responsibility to maintain a high level of fitness up to the training days and competition for which selected.
- To notify the Team Manager/Coach of relevant health and fitness conditions that may affect training/competition performance.
- To give adequate notification of any factors which may necessitate declining to participate in any element of the programme.
- To maintain a training log and submit the log for inspection at regular intervals.
- This will be appropriate to the circumstances and as indicated by the Team Manager/Coach, inclusive of training weekends and competitions.
- Team kit and equipment as available shall be worn at all Highland Swim Team Competitions and as directed by the Team Manager/Coach.
Behaviour and Personal Conduct.
- Behaviour, personal appearance and personal conduct must be of a high standard at all times. Any other behaviour is unacceptable.
- Punctuality on all occasions is essential.
- Language in public or relevant group situations must always be appropriate and socially acceptable.
- Alcohol, non prescription drugs and tobacco products are forbidden for use by swimmers under age, as defined by law.
- Sexual intimacy is forbidden during training/competition situations while the swimmer is under the jurisdiction of the Highland Swim Team.
- Up to date, written information on all medication and supplements being taken should be reported to the Team Manager/Coach
The appointed Team Manager/Coach shall deal with breaches of the Code of Conduct in the first instance. He/she shall report any incident to the Highland Swim Team Management Committee who may take such further action as is deemed necessary.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.Herb Brooks - Olympic Ice Hockey Coach